The ongoing research in my lab focuses on personality (e.g., dispositional humility), the psychology of religion (e.g., religion, prejudice, morality), positive psychology, and personal relationships. I currently have a research grant to study intellectual humility (2013-15). I really enjoy mentoring and teaching undergraduate and graduate courses (e.g., social psychology, personality, psychology of religion, advanced research methods). Beyond the classroom and lab, Dr. Rowatt serves as IRB Vice-Chair, on a few editorial boards, and enjoys running.
- Attitudes and Beliefs
- Close Relationships
- Evolution and Genetics
- Helping, Prosocial Behavior
- Interpersonal Processes
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Self and Identity
- Rowatt, W. C., Cunningham, M. R., & Druen, P. B. (1999). Lying to get a date: The effect of facial physical attractiveness on willing to deceive prospective dating partners. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, 16, 211-225.
- Rowatt, W. C., Cunningham, M. R., & Druen, P. B. (1998). Deception to get a date. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 24, 1228-1242.
- Rowatt, W. C., & Franklin, L. (2004). Christian orthodoxy, religious fundamentalism, and right-wing authoritarianism as predictors of implicit racial prejudice. International Journal for the Psychology of Religion, 14, 125-138.
- Rowatt, W. C., & Kirkpatrick, L. A. (2002). Two dimensions of attachment to God and their relation to affect, personality, and religiosity constructs. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 41, 637-651.
- Rowatt, W. C., LaBouff, J. P., Johnson, M., Froese, P., & Tsang, J. (2009). Associations among religiousness, social attitudes, and prejudice in a national sample of American adults. Psychology of Religion and Spirituality, 1, 14-24.
- Rowatt, W. C., Powers, C., Targhetta, V., Comer, J., Kennedy, S., & LaBouff, J. (2006). Development and initial validation of an implicit measure of humility relative to arrogance. Journal of Positive Psychology, 1, 198-211.
- Rowatt, W. C., & Schmitt, D. (2003). Associations between religious orientation and varieties of sexual experience. Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion, 42, 455-465.
- Advanced Personality Psychology
- Advanced Social-Organizational Psychology
- Personality Theory and Research
- Psychology of Religion
- Social Psychology
Wade C. Rowatt
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
One Bear Place #97334
Waco, Texas 76798-7334
United States of America
- Work: (254) 710-2961
- Home: (254) 710-2254